Monday, July 27, 2009

What Have You Got?

I was getting on Craigslist to post a used refrigerator for sale when I noticed a link I've never seen before. The Best of Craigslist. Serious, it's there. Check this ad out:

Originally Posted: Wed, 20 May 22:45 PDT
Mow our lawn for a date!
Date: 2009-05-20, 10:45PM PDT
Hey boys� �tis the season for lawn mowing and new love. These are the only two things missing in my life. First order of the business: the lawn. Our small front lawn, and largish back lawn have grown out of control after all the rain we have had as of late. It�s about 1.5 feet tall, and growing taller by the second. We are four lovely ladies lacking a lawn mower. This is where you come in. Second order of business: you and me. I�m a sexy young 20 something lady offering a date (my treat) in exchange for a mowed lawn. We will also offer homemade baked goods to sweeten the deal. However this lawn may be more than you can handle alone. For this reason, my sultry single roommate has graciously agreed to offer the same deal for your friend who helps you out with the task. Let�s go on a double date! You are also welcome to mow the lawn on your own, and pick a lucky friend to come on the date. Who knows, maybe one date could turn into two (lawn mowing optional *wink wink*) Serious inquiries only, we need this lawn mowed, BYOLawnMower!!! No photos of your weedwhacker please.
Location: Eastside
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interestsPostingID: 1181466826


So these girls, got there lawn mowed. (No pun intended!) But it made me start thinking. What would you trade for services? Come on be serious! For example, I would trade photography services for a mechanic and parts for my car right now. Which is another subject in itself. The battery keeps draining, electrical blinking and flashing, no AC, no radio, and it's making noise when it does run...

But I diegress, What services would you exchange? We used to live in a barter society. Turnips for beets ect... One person would trade abundance for a need. I remember as a kid trading baseball cards.

Let me hear what you have to trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment